Monday, February 6, 2012

The Hardest Button to Button

Last week I was wearing an old pair of slacks at work. This might be an odd way to begin a story, but trust me- it's important. I also happened to drink two energy drinks and because caffeine is a diuretic (which means it increases the formation of urine in your kidneys) I had to go. Luckily, I was at work, no big deal right?
I entered the bathroom, a nice, big bathroom with three stalls and three urinals. I stepped up to a urinal, and when I went to unbutton my pants, the button popped right off and landed in the urinal and sunk to the bottom. I'm sure it would have been awkward to walk in at that point because as I'm standing there, I couldn't help but chuckle at how funny this little moment was!

The culprit.



My first mistake was thinking, "well, these are old pants and I don't really need that button." so I decided I was just going to let the button be flushed down the drain, so it goes. About midway through, I realized two things 1) I really liked that button and 2) the urinals were on an automatic sensor, so when I stepped away, I'd loose it forever. 

cleaver girl.


So I had but one choice, I waited until no one else was in the bathroom then slowly I moved my hand towards it's goal. I waited until the last possible moment to move my torso so if someone did happen to come in, it would be as normal looking as possible. Then I retrieved my button from a fate worse than death. 

Surprisingly, it was a lot like this.

 Needless to say, I did wash my hands and the button a numerous times after this.

No comments:

Post a Comment